Financial News Feed for October 26, 2020
- U.S. STOCK INDEX FUTURES POINT TO LOWER OPEN WITH THE DOW SET TO DROP 200 POINTS AS WALL STREET BRACES FOR ANOTHER EVENTFUL WEEK
- European Shares Set For Subdued Start
BRUSSELS/FRANKFURT/PARIS (dpa-AFX) – European stocks may open lower on Monday as investors brace for pre-and post-election uncertainty in the United States.
- News Highlights: Top Company News of the Day
Software Maker SAP’s Profit and Sales declined as a result of the weaker business in the third quarter and uncertainty from the pandemic, SAP cut its outlook on earnings and revenue for the full year.
Apple’s Services Business Could Be Hit in Google Antitrust Battle
A multibillion-dollar deal in which Google pays to be the default search engine on Apple devices is at the heart of the case the U.S. government filed against Google. That deal is also at the heart of Apple’s services unit.
Facebook Prepares Measures in Case of Election Unrest
The emergency measures, originally designed for countries facing mass ethnic or political bloodshed, include slowing the spread of viral content and lowering the bar for suppressing potentially inflammatory posts.
Coca-Cola Amatil Gets $6.62 Billion Takeover Offer
Coca-Cola Amatil said it had received a takeover proposal worth $6.62 billion from the company that bottles Coca-Cola products in Western Europe.
Samsung Heir Takes Reins of Tech Giant Stuck in Father’s Past
With Lee Kun-hee’s son preparing to formally take the reins, Samsung must confront a major challenge: the company still looks like the father’s Samsung, not a business poised for the future.
Blackstone to Buy Simply Self Storage for About $1.2 Billion
Blackstone Group has struck a deal to buy Simply Self Storage from Brookfield Asset Management, making a bet on a sector that has remained strong throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Cenovus and Husky to Merge in $2.89 Billion Deal
The deal, unveiled early Sunday, would create the third-largest oil and natural-gas producer in Canada and the second-largest Canadian refiner.
PG&E to Cut Power to Hundreds of Thousands
PG&E said it was planning to pre-emptively cut power to about 361,000 customers in northern and central California in an effort to prevent wildfires, marking the largest such shut-off it has reported this year.
To Find a Coronavirus Vaccine, GlaxoSmithKline Is Bonding With Its Biggest Competitors
The hunt for a solution to Covid-19 is producing an unlikely team of rivals in the cutthroat world of pharmaceuticals.
Why You Might Have Trouble Getting the Refrigerator or Car You Want
U.S. manufacturers are falling short of demand for goods from cars to appliances to lawnmowers that consumers are buying in big numbers as the pandemic drags on.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
October 26, 202001:15 ET (05:15 GMT)
(c) 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Decision In November 2020 – RTT News
- FRANCE, SPAIN, ITALY IS SAID TO UNDERGO NATIONWIDE LOCKDOWN FROM THIS WEEK
- U.S. Futures Retreat; Treasuries Edge Higher: Markets Wrap – Bloomberg: Dollar advances versus peers; crude oil declines toward $39
U.S. daily cases hit another record as stimulus talks stall
- Oil Drops Toward $39 on Surging Virus and Stimulus Stalemate: U.S. reports record Covid-19 cases for the second day in a row
WTI futures fall 1.8% after closing down 1.9% on Friday
- Apple supplier Luxshare unnerves Foxconn as U.S.-China feud speeds supply chain shift – Reuters
- South Korea’s Hyundai Motor swings to net loss in third quarter, misses consensus –
- BP evacuating staff from offshore Gulf of Mexico oil platforms as Tropical Storm brews – Reuters
- POLAND TO GO INTO FULL LOCKDOWN UNLESS VIRUS SLOWS DOWN BY FRIDAY
- TESLA HAS STARTED TO RECALL 48,442 VEHICLES IN CHINA CITING DEFECTIVE PARTS – CHINA DAILY
Subscribe to our premium packages if you would like to get 1000+ instruments analysis and trade signals of Chartreadreadepro.
You can contact us via Skype User Name: Chartreaderpro
DISCLAIMER: This is a technical analysis study, not advice or recommendation to invest money
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. Chartreaderpro does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress.